SEARCH POST

Saturday, October 10, 2009

JAY-Z' S KANYE MOMENT: IN RESPONSE TO MTV'S HOTTEST MC LIST



MTV recently released their annual list of the Hottest MCs In The Game and the internet has been a buzz about who got snubbed and who shouldn't have made the list. In a recent statement released by Jay-Z, who was number one on the list, he thanked MTV and questioned their picks.

"MTV, thanx for this nod of appreciation. Although I don't strive to be 'hot' for any particular year, I thank you for the acknowledgment. My whole goal is to be recognized as the best ever. I created the term Best Rapper Alive as a sign of respect to my fallen comrades (Biggie and Tupac). I believe I've allowed a significant grace period, and I believe I would not be respecting myself if being the absolute best was not my goal, and that's why I continue to push myself until exhaustion... salute. Sidebar: Kanye moment if I may ... Eminem?!?! I think you do the credibility of this list a disservice if you don't thoroughly explain his mission. As of this second he has the highest selling rap album of the year and a scene stealing verse on the best 'posse' cut of the year. (*Hands mic back to Taylor Swift and nobody was harmed, I apologize in advance)"

MTV commented on Eminem's absence from the list by saying that after he released Relapse he spent the entire summer (June to September) working on Relapse 2, whereas other rappers "generated week-to-week heat with mixtapes, guest appearances, performances and web activity. " MTV also said their list was compiled before Drake released his forever collaboration which featured Em, Kanye and Lil Wayne.




SOURCE: MTV.COM
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment